In case you didn’t see it, Problogger‘s blog had a post about how to a new blog indexed in search engines like Google. I recommend this even for established blogs. Simply create a “to do” list and work on adding your blog to each site.
Or, hire someone to do this for you (see the end for my recommendation).
25 Ways to Get a Web Site or Blog Indexed by Google or Search Engines
- Get a link from an established blog. You could email and ask a related blog or hit up your blogging friends. Some pay for this (although it’s frowned upon). Another way to do this legally is to offer to guest post on someone’s blog and link back to your site or blog with a keyword phrase.
- Tell Google about your blog.
- Tell Google blog search too.
- Add your site to Google Webmaster Central
- Add your blog to Yahoo Site Explorer
- Create a lens about your blog on Squidoo. You can create more than one lens, one for each major keyword phrase.
- Create an account on this blog community: MyBlogLog
- Get listed on blog search engine Technorati.
- Register with sites that give the “value” of your blog: WebsiteOutlook,
- Create a profile for your blog on social sites like Twitter. Some let you establish a profile and a custom link – use keyword phrases.
- Get on Facebook then go to www.facebook.com/usernames and create a custom username for your site or blog. You can feed your blog onto your Facebook page. Do this on LinkedIn too.
- Delicious will not only let you bookmark and share sites but again you can create a profile and custom URL. Plus you can link to your blog.
- Sign up ChangeDetectionthat logs when your site changes (and essentially creates new content about your site).
- Sites like pingler ping search engines when you change your blog.
I just found out that if you’re an author and your book is on Amazon.com you can create an author profile page where you can blog or feed your blog in automatically. The link goes to my author page.
This outsourcing company in India charges $6/hour. I sent them this list to market my new blog. CDBaby’s CEO used them all the time and had nothing but good to say about them! They have quite a selection of services.
I’d love to do a case study with a new blog – one that I did nothing and one that I followed these 25 tips. Then compare the numbers. Any volunteers?
Please share your tips for getting a new site or blog indexed in search engines.
One thought on “25 Ways to Get your New Blog Indexed in Search Engines”
Excellent advice. Everyone I talk to thinks it’s impossible to get their website indexed, but it is a lot easier than most people think