Website Avalaunch Media
The role of Copywriter reports to the Copywriting Team Lead and is part of the creative team.
As a copywriter, you will focus on writing new content for blogs, infographics, motion graphics, websites, and other mediums, while adhering to deadlines and improving the existing web copy of our company and clients. You will work closely with the QA director and various teams to collaborate on writing and marketing projects. You will also edit others’ work and provide feedback and QA to ensure superior products are delivered to our household-name clients.
- Write concisely, clearly, and convincingly with a good grasp of grammar, AP Stylebook, graphic design principles, and digital marketing best practices.
- Write content for various channels including blogs, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube), websites, email marketing, digital and print assets, and paid media lead nurture.
- Write using SEO strategies including keyword optimization to lift organic listings within search engines.
- Participate in strategic brand development planning with the copywriting team, colleagues in other departments, company leadership, and clients of various industries.
- Establish brand messaging and voice standards for clients.
- Understand and match a client’s existing voice and tone while writing assets.
- Develop questions for and confidently participate in client-facing meetings and video calls.
- Edit, fact check, and review materials created by clients, colleagues, and team members.
- Participate in continued self-assessment and goal development, ongoing organizational learning, and company-wide events.
- Develop positive and professional working relationships with team members, clients, and colleagues from other departments.
- Ensure accuracy and quality of written materials in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Successfully complete writing projects effectively, on time, and within scope of the project work and client expectations.
The copywriter will have a strong individual ownership of all written content and the ability to accept feedback and critique. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly understand various brands across a variety of industries to ensure copy aligns with the client’s brand image and reputation.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in copywriting, content development, website content, or social media content.
- Ideally has experience working in the digital marketing industry and understanding of client business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or other related discipline.
- Experience in editing and proofreading.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with experience working with all levels of an organization.
- Superior organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience with corporate communications, print publications, and print materials. Experience or familiarity with online publishing.
- Competence with Microsoft programs and Google Suite.
- Well-organized, able to handle a variety of complex projects and assignments simultaneously, and able to thrive under deadline pressure with minimal direction.
Compensation Range $18-22/hr (DOE)