We are looking for a versatile Front End Developer to join our design team. Our needs are varied and we work fast, so problem solving and reliability are two primary characteristics we value for this role.
Front End Web Developer responsibilities include: gathering user requirements, working in conjunction with the design team to develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability; providing website maintenance and enhancements; designing graphic elements; and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience with design software and wireframe tools.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers
- Illustrate web concepts using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements such as menus, tabs and widgets
- Conceptualize, plan, and develop custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- Assist other marketing teams where needed (e.g. Google Analytics, CRO audits, etc).
- Modify client sites that could be in various platforms (e.g. Shopify, Magento, SquareSpace, Wix, etc).
- Optimize client sites for performance, SEO, ADA Compliance, etc.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate site function and appearance
- Prepare and present drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to brand style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Proven work experience as Front End Developer (minimum 4 years)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, such as SASS, and frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Working knowledge of PHP.
- Extensive experience in WordPress and common plugins (Elementor, Visual Composer, YOAST, etc.)
- Experience with Git and package management systems such as Bower, NPM, and GULP.
- Portfolio of web development projects
- Ability to meet with clients and instill confidence through excellent communication, deep knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience in Creative Cloud suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD.
- Attention to detail on file preparation and all aspect of organization
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new platforms, languages, processes, etc.
- Experience in Google Tag Manager and Analytics (e.g. custom events, data layer, conversion goals, etc.)
- Knowledge of common hosting providers and platforms (e.g. cPanel, WPEngine, etc). Knowledge of AWS and Shopify is a plus.
- Strong sense of team spirit and able to adapt to constant new challenges; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Excellent time-management and proactive problem-solving skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
Pay Range: $63-75K DOE