About Avalaunch Media
At Avalaunch Media, our mission is to launch brands and people. For more than 15 years, we’ve been passionate about marketing and delivering meaningful experiences for our clients. It’s only through exceptional people that we’re able to produce exceptional results. Our team consists of successful business owners, attorneys, MBAs, and professionals with many years’ experience.
If you are a self-starter interested in making a difference, delivering distinguished service, enjoying the ride, and most importantly launching yourself, join our team!
We’re seeking a developer with extensive knowledge of WordPress and board experience with different plugins and themes. As a Junior WordPress Developer, you will assist with the growth of the team. This position works within the creative team, owning front-end WordPress development and providing support to other teams such as SEO and PPC. You should thrive in fast environments, be excellent at communicating and teamwork, and be a problem solver.
- Participate in project presentations (sales, draft updates, etc.) with internal teams.
- Assist internal teams with project audits (e.g. CRO, Technical SEO, Performance, etc).
- Assist internal teams with implementation tasks (e.g. Google Analytics, Hubspot, Klaviyo, etc).
- Manage plugin/theme updates, changes, and security risks.
- Optimize websites based on provided audits (Performance, SEO, ADA, etc).
- Own front-end WordPress development.
- Design websites on the go with existing theme frameworks.
- Work with various page builders, such as: WP Bakery, Elementor, Divi, Gutenberg, etc.
- Manage and execute WordPress migrations to various server environments.
- Make updates to sites on various platforms (Shopify, BigCommerce, Webflow, etc).
- 2+ years of WordPress development experience.
- Working knowledge of PHP and object-oriented programming practices.
- Extensive experience in WordPress and common plugins (WP Bakery, Elementor, Yoast, etc).
- Advanced experience working with the WordPress Customizer and the Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
- Strong understanding of the design and development lifecycle (e.g. git, web hosting, DNS, responsive design, accessibility and privacy/security standards).
- Experience working with common hosting providers and platforms (e.g. cPanel, WPEngine, etc).
- Experience with the latest Creative Cloud suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe XD.
- Strong desire to learn new platforms, languages, processes, etc.
- Strong sense of team spirit with strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to install confidence in clients through excellent communication, deep knowledge, and experience.
- Able to adapt to constant new challenges and projects.
- Excellent time-management and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail on file preparation and organization.
- 1+ years of agency/marketing experience.
- Experience with PHP.
- Experience in other platforms (e.g. Hubspot, Shopify, BigCommerce, Webflow, SquareSpace, etc).
- Experience in cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc).
- Experience in Google Tag Manager and Analytics (e.g. Custom Events, Data Layers, Conversion Goals, etc).
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field.
This role reports to the Director of Web Development.