Do your design skills turn non-believers into believers? Do you believe in the Yeti? How about enjoying the ride of life? You may be the perfect fit for Avalaunch Media.
We’re in the business of creating some of the most popular presentations, motion graphics, and infographics around, and are looking for a well-rounded, story-telling, graphic designer to work in-house and add to our world-class team. We are a small agency that has been named in the top 100 fastest growing companies in Utah for the past two years. We work hard and play hard and have an awesome, tight-knit company culture.
Some of the main necessary attributes and skills required for this position are: 1) Exemplary client communication skills, to be directed at hooking and keeping customers 2) Rockstar-level graphic design skills (Adobe Suite is a must) 3) Proactive and self-motivated character with lots of drive 4) Problem solving skills 5) A love of design culture 6) Flexibility to work after hours if necessary to provide maximum customer satisfaction
Our team learns and grows through regular trainings and keeps up to date on current trends. Therefore, the nature of our work is always changing with the times, which requires a positive outlook and willingness to “jump in” to whatever is happening.
- Deliver distinguished creative designed content with attention to detail
- Complete projects within assigned timeline and scope
- Be a team player with project managers, including content brainstorming, problem solving, and being proactive in communications about client expectations and project status
- Work independently and collaboratively on design projects
- Gracefully take and implement feedback
- Willing to work on a wide range of design projects and try new things with a positive attitude
- Keep work and files highly organized
- Be a thought leader in graphic design practices and confidently be able to translate your understanding clearly to clients
- Stay up to date and implement new design trends
- Initiate Innovation in the workplace, embracing change and challenging the status quo regarding strategies, techniques, and processes for increased efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in graphic design or a related field with proven track record
- 2-3+ years graphic design experience
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat), PowerPoint, Keynote (with Unbounce, Prezi, After Effects, and Pages as an additional bonus)
- Knowledge and experience in digital and print design
- Experience in a wide range of graphic design projects including branding, infographics, presentations, whitepapers, digital ads, and web design
- Understanding of color theory, typography, illustration, data visualization, and layout
- Capable of multitasking between several partners, brands and projects
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and urgency
- Strong communication and client interaction skills
For examples of our creative work, please see our various portfolios; https://avalaunchmedia.com/services
Please submit a cover letter, resume and link to your portfolio.