Website avalaunchmedia Avalaunch Media
“To Launch Brands and People”
There’s a reason why “Launch People” is in our mission. We believe that a job is more than just a job. It’s where you spend over one-third of your waking hours. It becomes a key part of your life and either fulfills and inspires you or exhausts and empties you. Our vision is to create an environment where you can launch. A place where you feel excited, empowered and motivated to achieve dreams and goals. There’s nothing that excites our Leadership more than watching teammates feel inspired to launch and create the life they’ve always wanted.
With nearly two decades of experience, we’ve learned that the way we help our employees launch is through a set of core values:
Creating Believers – We earn trust by focusing on results that matter.
Be Integrity – We keep our word or make right the times when we can’t.
Project Positivity – We spread happiness and optimism in all that we do.
Be Proactive – We create our environment rather than respond to it.
Deliver Distinguished Service – We do what we say we’re going to do with that “white glove” touch.
Thrive on Communication – We communicate candidly, regularly and precisely.
Trust the Team – We move at the speed up trust and bring the best talent together.
Initiate Innovation – We constantly experiment and test to reach success.
Enjoy the Ride – We believe that fun should be a part of everything we do and we have a whole lot of it!
But don’t just take our word for it. We strongly encourage all candidates to review our Glassdoor reviews and look at the “best places to work” awards we’ve won. You’ll find employee quotes like:
- “Not Exaggerating – One of the nation’s best agencies”
- “Very solid company to work for”
- “Great place to work”
- “Innovative marketing and super cool people”
- “Great work. Great People. Great Vibe”
- “I love my job”
Let’s get to the good stuff
Avalaunch Media is creating a candidate pool of SEO Specialist candidates that would be interested on new and existing clients and launch them to results they never thought possible!
As an SEO Specialist, you’ll be primarily responsible for fulfilling SEO tasks for our clients, developing their online campaigns on an ongoing basis while executing ethical and successful SEO strategies.
After your initial training on Avalaunch SEO best practices and internal company procedures, you will help with the task loads of existing team members as you get up to speed on the types of deliverables we offer.
Once you are fully trained, you will be given a list of clients for whom you are the primary SEO specialist. You will be responsible for devising and carrying out their SEO strategy and implementing the SEO work for that account. Internally, you’ll work with a project manager and an omnichannel marketing/sales strategist to manage the task load, deadlines, and high-level strategy of individual accounts. Your primary responsibilities will be to fulfill the SEO strategy in a detailed and timely manner and communicate the results of your work to the internal strategist and the client when necessary.
There is a clearly defined growth structure within the SEO team at Avalaunch Media, so you will know how to qualify for internal promotions from the very beginning. We believe in investing in our people and are open and interested in facilitating opportunities for our employees if they are willing to take the initiative and seek opportunities.
What Does An Ideal Candidate Look Like?
- The best candidates will expect to grow and climb the ranks of the team.
- The most important characteristics in a candidate are attitude and grit. You might not be the most knowledgeable SEO right now. That’s ok. The best candidates are hungry to learn. They don’t just nod their head in team training. They show interest in learning environments and are genuinely excited to grow.
- The best candidates find “a muse.” They are either constantly moving from one SEO fascination to the next or they commit to a facet of SEO and seek to understand that facet in extreme depth
- As a result of continued learning and process improvement, they co-opt our expectation that our team will grow every year
- Ideal candidates become uncomfortable when they discover a rusty process or an outdated template and seek to create a vision for change.
- Ideal candidates can adopt a healthy view of team or company deficits. When the team/ company lacks something, they take ownership and attempt to improve that thing as opposed to complaining about it.
- Ideal candidates are vulnerable and they trust their leadership. They’re able to express healthily when they’re feeling overwhelmed, scared, anxious, nervous, etc. They work with leadership to resolve feelings of professional frustration or inadequacy.
The following are key highlights of the work you’ll be doing:
- Conduct keyword research for product, service, category, or home pages to determine the most relevant keywords to target
- Conduct keyword research for blogs and other informational posts to determine what topics are best to target as part of a content strategy
- Analyze search results and give recommendations for the necessary content and elements needed to improve a client’s ranking position
- Prepare website technical audits to identify SEO issues and make recommendations for correction
- Implement on-site and off-site SEO best practices for clients
- Execute all SEO-related tasks and deliverables for designated accounts
- Occasionally sit in on client meetings with the account manager to offer technical expertise and insight into task implementation
- Review Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and SEO tools to find opportunities for increased organic traffic
The skills you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At Least 1-2 Years of SEO experience in a SEO-related position
- Basic to intermediate understanding of the following:
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Google Docs & Google Sheets
- (Understanding Screaming Frog, Moz, Bright Local, and Clearscope is a bonus)
- Experience with keyword and competitor research
- Ability to think strategically and analytically to identify and define keyword opportunities for optimization
- Knowledge of factors that influence search engine rankings
- Agency experience is a significant plus but is not required
- Ability to adapt when campaigns require strategic pivots
- Ability to take and implement feedback
- A hunger to learn, grow, and improve skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Not afraid to ask questions when unsure what to do next
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone call, video call, and in-person
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to write effectively (this position writes title tags, meta descriptions, alt tags, and more as needed)
- Be teachable, willing to learn and grow, and have a strong work ethic; we can teach you world-class SEO tactics, but we can’t teach you how to be eager to learn, work hard, or be a self-starter
Here is our promise to you
- Competitive compensation plans to increase your income and bonus opportunities
- A Simple IRA with a sweet match
- Medical benefits (including health, visions and dental)
- An aggressive PTO policy so you can enjoy life
- Schedule flexibility, work from home – hybrid options
- Lots of great food and snacks
- The best coworkers a person could ever ask for
- Lots of room for growth (personally and financially)
- Killer company parties including an annual fish fry, ski trips, holiday events, etc.
- A lot of fun coupled with being challenged to always elevate and launch
Still interested? Awesome! Please apply and let’s see where this goes!
"*" indicates required fields