“To Launch Brands and People.”
There’s a reason why “Launch People” is in our mission. We believe that a job is more than just a job. It’s where you spend over one-third of your waking hours. It becomes a key part of your life and either fulfills and inspires you, or exhausts and empties you. Our vision is to create an environment where you can launch. A place where you can feel excited, empowered, and motivated to achieve dreams and goals. There’s nothing that excites our leadership more than watching teammates feel inspired to launch and create the life they’ve always wanted.
With nearly two decades of experience, we’ve learned that the way we help our employees launch is through a set of core values.
- Creating Believers – We earn trust by focusing on results that matter.
- Be Integrity – We keep our word or make right the times when we can’t.
- Project Positivity – We spread happiness and optimism in all that we do.
- Be Proactive – We create our environment rather than respond to it.
- Deliver Distinguished Service – We do what we say we’re going to do with that “white glove” touch.
- Thrive on Communication – We communicate candidly, regularly, and precisely.
- Trust the Team – We move at the speed of trust and bring the best talent together.
- Initiate Innovation – We constantly experiment and test to reach success.
- Enjoy the Ride – We believe that fun should be a part of everything we do, and we have a whole lot of it!
But don’t just take our word for it. We strongly encourage all candidates to review our Glassdoor reviews and look at the “best places to work” awards we’ve won. You’ll find employee quotes like:
- “Not Exaggerating – One of the nation’s best agencies”
- “Very solid company to work for”
- “Great place to work”
- “Innovative marketing and super cool people”
- “Great work. Great People. Great Vibe”
- “I love my job”
Let’s get to the good stuff
We are creating a candidate pool of experienced Web Developer with extensive knowledge of WordPress and experience with a broad range of plugins and themes. This role will report to the Director of Web Development and will be essential to the growth and success of the team. It’s a position where you’ll own both front-end and back-end WordPress development and be a key player in supporting other teams such as SEO, PPC, and Social. Are you the versatile, multi-talented developer with a certain skillset x-factor that we’re looking for?
Position is hybrid in office & at home 50/50, we are not considering fully remote candidates at this time.
Here are the key highlights of what you’ll be doing
- Work with other key team members, such as Project Managers and Strategists, to determine project requirements and OKRs.
- Be a key player in presentations, such as sales, kickoffs, and milestone updates, with internal teams and key project stakeholders.
- Work with internal teams to conduct site audits, such as: Conversion Rate Optimization, Technical SEO, and Performance Optimization.
- Implement recommendations from various site audits, such as: Conversion Rate Optimization, Technical SEO, and Performance Optimization.
- Implement marketing integrations and strategies, such as Google Analytics, Hubspot, and Klaviyo.
- Maintain internal and client websites by managing updates, mitigating security risks, conducting backups, etc.
- Conduct WordPress migrations to various server environments, such as: WP Engine, cPanel, Plesk, AWS, and Azure.
- Work with various page builders, such as: WP Bakery, Elementor, Divi, and Gutenberg.
- Own both front-end and back-end WordPress development — From designing websites on the go with existing themes to conceptualizing, strategizing, and developing projects (themes/plugins) from scratch.
- Manage project repositories and code deployments with GIT utilizing various platforms, such as: Github, Bitbucket, and Gitlab.
- Work with various command tools, such as: Home-brew, Gulp, Yarn, Valet, and WP-CLI.
- Work with other platforms, such as: Shopify, BigCommerce, SquareSpace, and Webflow.
Here are the skills you bring to the table
- 2+ years of agency or marketing experience.
- 4+ years of WordPress development experience.
- Strong understanding of the design and development lifecycle — From web hosting to accessibility, privacy, and security standards.
- Mastery over HTML5, CSS, and SASS.
- Experience with command tools, such as: Home-brew, Gulp, Yarn, Valet, and WP-CLI.
- Extensive experience in WordPress and its most common plugins, such as: WP Bakery, Elementor, Gravity Forms, and Yoast.
- Extensive experience working with the WordPress Customizer and the Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
- Experience working with some common hosting providers and platforms, such as WPEngine, cPanel, and Plesk.
- Experience with the latest Creative Cloud suite, particularly: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe XD.
- A superior eye for design and knowledge of the latest design trends and accessibility standards.
- Strong desire for continued learning and growth. This could include: platforms, software, languages, processes, etc.
- Strong sense of team spirit and communication skills for collaborating with internal team members and various stakeholders.
- Ability to install confidence in clients through excellent communication, deep knowledge, and experience.
- Able to adapt to constant new challenges and projects.
- Excellent time-management and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail on project preparation and organization.
Here are some skills that’ll help you stand out
- Experience with other platforms, such as: Shopify, BigCommerce, SquareSpace, and Webflow.
- Experience in cloud providers, such as AWS and Azure.
- Certifications in Google Tag manager and Google Analytics.
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field.
Here is our promise to you
- Competitive compensation plans to increase your income and bonus opportunities.
- Simple IRA retirement plan with a sweet match.
- Medical benefits (including health, vision, and dental).
- Short and long term disability plans covered by Avalaunch.
- Aggressive PTO & Flex policies so you can enjoy life.
- Work from home — 50/50 hybrid schedules.
- Lots of great food and snacks.
- The best coworkers a person could ever ask for.
- Lots of room for growth (personally and financially).
- Killer company parties including an annual fish fry, ski trips, holiday events, etc.
- A lot of fun coupled with being challenged to always elevate and launch.
Still interested? Awesome! Please apply and let’s see where this goes!
"*" indicates required fields