So you’ve invested in that eye-popping infographic, topical blog or white paper and it’s been picked up in the press. Now what? Sit back and wait for widespread exposure and an influx of traffic? The fact is, further exposure may only be as good as the follow-up PR marketing you carry out. Simply “uploading and hoping” won’t trigger the desired avalanche of exposure, but with a little bit of nurturing you can get the most leverage out of your pickups. Some tips for gaining exposure are simple, yet easily overlooked. At the very minimum, you should:
- Promote your pickups to your email list, perhaps via a newsletter, which will give you direct access to your existing and potential customer contacts;
- Include the link in your email signature;
- Post the “Featured in …” link somewhere prominently on your site and consider setting up a dedicated “Press” section;
- Include the article in all of your marketing collateral, such as landing pages and printed material;
- Work with a company such as http://www.thatsgreatnews.com/to print the article and display it in your office.