This morning I was outside sitting by the pool, getting some work done on the macbook and enjoying a beautiful sunny Arizona day when something IMO funny dawned on me. Do I know how to interact with people without technology? LOL, of course I do – but it got me thinking and laughing. (Side Note) Even though it was 84 here today the pool water is still way to cold, but it was very tempting! Just two more months!! Anyway, my wife was inside sitting at our kitchen table (playing on her macbook), and our backdoor was even open and up pops a instant message. We must have chatted for over two minutes on the messenger program before my wife said, “I guess I could just come out there and talk to you about it” We were talking about some things we needed to get at Home Depot. It just made me laugh because of all the technology around us. Are you guys guilty of similar technology abuses? (see below)
- When your spouse is next door will you text message him/her if you need them (as oppose to just walking over there)
- When they do not answer (or get) the text message will you message your neighbor whose house they are at (who you know is online always) and get a hold of them that way. (usually works well for me)
- When those above don’t work will you send them an email (I know that my wife’s Blackberry will alert her)
- If even that does not work will you send them a DM on Twitter (I know that my wife’s Blackberry notifies her of that too) ha
- Do you take a picture of something and instead of just showing them, do you tell them to check out your latest “Twitpic” cause it will make them laugh!
- Do you text each other when you can’t find each other? Is texting in your home the new intercom systems?
- Do you use your cell phones more then 5% of the time for actual talking.