Twenty years ago the marketing trend was email marketing. Ten years ago the trend was social media. Five years ago, marketers learned the power of video marketing. In the marketing industry today, the new trend is marketing automation. The newest marketing tool is here and predicted to be valued at over $7 billion by the year 2025. Why is this trend projected to be valued in the billions? It helps marketers make data-driven decisions in real time. In this post, we will reveal three benefits of using marketing automation to connect with consumers. Why is marketing automation having such success as it becomes mainstream? Because it is a simple, yet powerful solution. Marketing automation gives business a powerful, data-driven connection with consumers. This technology creates pathways to generate more leads, increase revenue, and send personalized and highly relevant communications to your customers. Marketing automation is now becoming the primary strategy around which successful businesses are structuring their marketing plans for 2019. Understanding how to create highly relevant content based on consumer behavior is dramatically improving the overall customer connection that businesses are so eagerly looking to develop. Not only are businesses able to create these tailored experiences, but marketing automation also allows them to develop this content faster than ever before. Not yet convinced of the power of marketing automation? Here are three benefits of using marketing automation to help your brand or business connect more often and more deeply with your audiences: 1. Ability to create hyper-relevant content and experiences for customers, based on their behavior: According to a research study by SmartInsights and Communicator, 59% of top marketers say they use marketing automation to improve customer experience and the relevance of their communication with customers. Marketers used to think it was a pipe dream to have the ability to connect with customers, both current and potential, on an individual basis. Now, with marketing automation, there is no reason that this dream cannot be a reality. How can this happen? Consumers are now constantly telling businesses exactly what they want to see from them, based on their behaviors and engagements. Customers leave breadcrumbs for marketers to follow through the web pages they’ve visited, in the ads they’ve clicked on, the lead form they’ve submitted, and their recent purchases. The role that marketing automation software plays is to capture, analyze, disseminate, and report on consumer behavior. The role of marketers is three-fold:
- Create content: Determine the exact kind of content each customer is looking for.
- Design distribution flows: Create an automated track designed to move customers down the marketing funnel towards conversion.
- Identify timing: Understand the correct moment to give each individual consumer the kinds of content they are looking for based on their behavior.
- First-purchase anniversary
- Birthday promotional email
- Exclusive customer only bi-weekly newsletter (content not provided anywhere else)
- Post-purchase campaign (send helpful videos, blog posts, discounts for additional purchases etc.)
- Up-sell and cross-sell campaign flows
- Customer win-back campaigns